Monday, March 29, 2010

Eating Healthy- and Feeding Kids Healthy Foods

I have struggled for the last 4 or so years.  With what?  When my oldest daughter started eating [more than just baby food] I began the battle of the school menu, the daycare menu.  I poured my heart and soul into communications regarding the menu- the foods they would be feeding my child.  I have donated food to the daycare for ALL of the children to eat.  I have offered to consult with them on their menu, to make positive changes and keep within budget, which they have never taken me up on.

I send substitutes many times, but many times I'm so busy (I never claimed to be perfect).  I'm a working mom, after all.  But the fact remains that kids learn by doing, and they learn young. 

So anyways, the point of this blog post is that I was VERY excited to watch the new Food Revolution television show, with Jamie Oliver.  I encourage you to check out his web site and start watching the show.  I am encouraged that there is a movement for positive change!  Join me in supporting the campaign!

Recipe coming soon- healthy, whole foods, completely from scratch, and yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this show! I think it's GREAT that Jamie Oliver is so passionate about reforming the school lunch program. I don't have kids yet, but I will and when I do, I don't want them munching on cheeseburgers and pizza everyday. I will be signing the petition :)

    ReplyDelete