Cilantro-Lime Pesto Pasta
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (stems removed)
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sliced, toasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons chopped or minced fresh garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup shredded asiago for pesto, plus 1/2 cup shredded for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic chicken broth
- 8 cups spinach linguini, cooked
- 2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced julienne
I have varied this recipe over time, such as substituting tuna steak for the chicken, or adding artichoke hearts for a veggie right in the dish. This makes a great one-dish meal.
Minted Honeydew Limeade
- 1 ripe honeydew melon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
The trifle was the simplest thing, I picked up some fresh farmer's market peaches, blueberries and strawberries from the store. Also picked up a store bakery angel food cake. I made a package of instant vanilla pudding. I also used whipped cream. Layer in a trifle bowl. Very easy to do and always great to eat.
I feel like this was a nice light meal, but great and not difficult to make, so you can enjoy yourself, your family and/or your guests!