Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thank You gift (monogram note cards) and a Birthday Card

So a few weeks ago our youngest ended up in the hospital OR getting her tongue stitched up. It is a long story, but what happened in the background is what really needs sharing. I called a dear friend, Nicole, and asked her to pick up our other daughter from school. Not only did she do that, she fed her dinner, bathed her, let her experience her first sleepover (with her daughter), took her to the pool the next morning, and bought her lunch before bringing her home. She went above and beyond what we needed, in order for us, and the baby, to recover from the incident.

I needed to do something to thank her. So I decided that even though it's not sufficient for all she did, I would make her some monogrammed note cards. I am hoping that she'll be able to use them either for school or personal use. I used some retired Stampin' Up designer series papers, cardstock in So Saffron, ink in Mellow Moss for the monogram (used my JustRite Monogram stamp in Curlz), as well as some Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla cardstock for some accenting. I also monogrammed the flap on the Very Vanilla envelopes that will accompany the note cards. I held on to this project (probably) a little too long, but knew that I'd be having knee surgery and laid up in bed wanting to do stuff. So this was the perfect time for me to spend working on it. I hope she enjoys them!
This week also marks a milestone birthday for my friend Gil (pronounced Jill) who is a coworker of mine. She's an awesome team member, and I made this card for her last week in preparation of being out of the office. I hate that I will not be there to see her on her 40th, but will still be there in spirit!!! Happy Birthday Gil!
I made her this card, which is 5.5x8.5 folded (1 sheet cardstock folded in half). I used some great scrap paper and stamped the flowers from Inspired by Nature in red chalk ink. I added a tag that I distressed with Close to Cocoa ink and stamped the sentiment from It's About Time and the word Celebrate from Wonderful Words in Chocolate Chip. I added brown grosgrain ribbon and a tiny clip. Inside a simple Happy Birthday sentiment from Warmist Regards (stamps for this project all by Stampin' Up!). My favorite part of this card, which you can see best on the close-up shot, is the sewing. I ran the striped paper through the sewing machine, sewing it right onto the Real Red cardstock, purposely doing the jagged lines, and going around the card twice. I curled up the edges just slightly, as well. Hope Gil likes her card and has a fabulous 40th!

No comments:

Post a Comment