My tips for creating a seasonal change to a surface:
- Choose a few seasonal items that looks realistic such as a garland, some fruits/vegetables
- Find things from around your house that you love that will blend in nicely with the colors
- Make sure you have a balance of height- don't choose anything that will overpower the others in size, unless it is a picture or mirror that will serve as a backdrop
- Move things around until it feels aesthetically pleasing
- Step back, go across the room, look at it from different angles to determine if it is right
I did make some other changes for fall, and plan to share them soon! Please share what you've done for fall, inside or out!