Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Autumn Design 2009, Part 2: The Bar


As promised, more autumn design!  It's my favorite time of the year, I love the colors of fall.  Today I'm sharing my bar, which I have decorated for the season.  I chose a set of hurricanes that I love- I bring them out a couple of times a year.  They are something I can fill, depending on my need. 

I found some random fall things of nature at Michaels, it was a bag with gourds, pine cones, leaves, sticks... perfect for me.  I filled 2 hurricanes with most of that.  The other hurricane I filled with some realistic looking leaves and some curly things that had come from an autumn arrangement I received several years ago (I saved the parts of it that I loved).  Also, there are 3 teeny cattails sticking out of the top of the large one, adding some height to my arrangement. 

I layed some leaf garland across the bar and layed some of the pinecones on the bar.  This really adds a nice autumn touch that carries into my kitchen. 

(I apologize for the blurry photo, the lighting was bad but the picture looked washed out with flash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment