Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year! 2010

Just a quick note to say Happy New Year!  I've been busy this weekend, taking down the Christmas decor, trying to make places for all the stuff the kids have... and I've also been planning and beginning some new projects to help organize and make things more aesthetically pleasing around here.

Today I used the leftover "New Year" turkey carcass to make turkey broth, and then made a big pot of Turkey soup!  Yum!  It has barley, mixed veggies, tomatoes...  I froze enough for 3 family dinners and 3 individual lunches, and still have enough that I plan to share a meal with some friends.  I really don't have the recipe, but I just wrote down the ingredients that my mom uses in hers.

I also made a pot of Chicken Noodle Soup for freezing.  I love this recipe from Cooking Light which I have made since it was published in 1998.  I absolutely love the flavors in this soup.  I was able to make 1 dinner and 3 lunches from this.

Hopefully things will slow down a bit and I can blog some more.  Hope you had a safe and happy new year celebration.  Here's to a successful and joyful new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment